Meal Trains: Want to offer support during illness or bereavement or help out new parents? Let us do all the cooking!
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS: Friends pitch in and gift the meal train credit to the recipient. The recipient then picks whichever meals they would like, we do all the cooking!
- Identify a friend who could use a little support and set up a free All Real Meal account for them HERE. You will need to enter their name, physical address for deliveries, contact phone number, and email address. The recipient can also set this up for themselves.
- Email us at email@example.com and tell us a little bit about the recipient and provide us with their name and delivery town. We will then set up a prepaid meal train wallet for the recipient and attach to their account. Whenever they log in to order the available balance in their account will be reflected on the screen and they can place their order using this balance. just like cash!
- Making donations to a meal train wallet is simple! Provide all interested parties with our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, and instruct to email us with a simple message that they would like to contribute toward the wallet for said friend. We will then send over an invoice for them to make their contribution. After the invoice is paid we then add that sum to the wallet balance. *this information can be shared via email, facebook, twitter, etc. **SCROLL DOWN TO READ OUR MEAL TRAIN F.A.Q.**
MEAL TRAIN FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- How much does it cost to create a meal train wallet? Nothing. Creating a meal train wallet is free, and we're here to help you every step of the way.
- Wouldn't it be more thoughtful to make something at home and bring it over to the recipient? We have found that All Real Meal deliveries are often a much better solution for those in need of meal preparation than a home visit with something prepared by a friend or family member. Recipients in need of a meal train are often not up for a lot of company, and may be experiencing limitations to their diet. Allowing them to pick their own meals from our menu of 40+ items (which change weekly) allows them the opportunity to order exactly what they'd like to eat within their taste or eating limitations. Meals are delivered once a week for minimum disruption to their household.
- Can I organize daily meal delivery? No. We deliver just once a week, and this works out very well for those experiencing a new baby, recovery, or ongoing treatment for illness. Every week the recipient will receive their whole week's worth of meals on Tuesday. On Tuesdays our menu also changes and they will now have a whole new list of options to choose their meals for the following week.
- How much should I contribute? Is there a minimum contribution? When donating to a meal train wallet there is no minimum and most participants donate between $20 and $50 dollars. It's really up to you and what you'd like to provide for the person in need.
- How will the recipient know I contributed to their wallet? We typically leave it to whomever is organizing the meal train to let the recipient know who helped out, but if you'd like us to send over a brief email letting the recipient know you donated, we are more than happy to do that.
- How do I invite others to contribute to the meal train wallet? A simple email or social media post/message stating that you're organizing healthy meal delivery for the recipient, and that those that would like to contribute to a fund for the recipient should email us at email@example.com with the amount they'd like to contribute and the name of the recipient. We recommend also attaching some links to our website.
- Should I include those who do not live locally? One of the best things about setting up a meal train wallet versus a traditional meal train is that friends and relatives can participate from out of state, and even out of the country!
- I have more questions and just want to make sure this is a seamless experience. Who do I talk to? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to us through our Facebook page messenger or website chat. We will set up a time for you to speak to either one of our co-owners, Kasia Lojko or Sonia Farris, to discuss your needs and answer any questions.